Notification of PMs

News about Notat.io. Comments and suggestions for the site.
Knut

Notification of PMs

Post by Knut »

OCTO,

is there a possibility to receive an email notification of new private messages received? There doesn't seem to be such an option in the control pnel, yet, most other forums does have one. With the very discrete notification scheme on this forum, PMs awaiting response can be difficult to spot.
OCTO

Re: Notification of PMs

Post by OCTO »

I will check it. The settings are now by default.

EDIT: Ok, I have checked. It is done automatically every time the message is sent. What I can do is to turn on to show emails for the registered users, only when logged in, but that can be a problem because of spammers.
I have sent a private message from the Administrator account to my account and I have got the email notification. But some people simply don't use their regular email for forum registrations so they might not check it regularly. I will send you a message and check if you get it in your email.
shot 2.png
shot 2.png (20.93 KiB) Viewed 11285 times
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

It can happen that the user turned off the private message email notifications.
Attachments
shot 5.png
shot 5.png (80.29 KiB) Viewed 11282 times
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

But anyone that knows how to solve this problem is welcome!
Knut

Post by Knut »

A-ha. I couldn't find the 'edit notification options' pane, but I did with the help of your screenshot above, and found I hadn't checked it to receive email upon receiving a PM. But now all is well.

Thank you!
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

I don't know if it is set up by default. In that case, one has to go through phpMyAdmin to check it for all - a bit risky for me!