Various Line Settings

Discuss the rules of notation, standard notation practices, efficient notation practices and graphic design.
tisimst

Re: Various Line Settings

Post by tisimst »

David Ward wrote:It took me a while to find this old thread via the search, which kept telling me that the words I used were 'too common' and were thus ignored.

Anyway, I was wondering if the tables, useful guidance, lists &c that occur from time to time on this site, such as the several very useful ones in this thread, might, once they have received general approval, be put in a special 'reference' thread on the site.

Is this possible OCTO?
+1. This is a great idea. I would then include a "ping back" link to the original thread so that interested readers can see the context of the information.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
OCTO

Re: Various Line Settings

Post by OCTO »

Thanks David and tisimst.
I also returned recently to this thread to check the different recommendations. But I don't see that we have found an unanimous answer to this, perhaps it is up to everyone's taste.

The idea to put everything in a reference thread is good, but it takes a very lot time -- right now I am terribly late with my deadline so I have to focus on this for a while. But anyone is welcome, in a free time, to do this. I am willing to give some extra moderator-powers to some of users who would like to drive it more individually and feel like their own.