Other comments on notation

Have your scores reviewed by other users. Comment on old and new published scores and on publishers.
jrethorst

Other comments on notation

Post by jrethorst »

This web site is impressive for the care and high quality with which its contributors notate music.

Sometimes when we strive this hard, a little comic relief is in order.

Here's another notation site, with plenty of illustrations, that may offer this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165495723984913/

John R.
John Rethorst
OCTO

Re: Other comments on notation

Post by OCTO »

I can't open the link, I don't have Facebook anymore. What is that group about?
I know there is a Facebook group called Music Engraving Tips, but mostly people "fight" there (never ending arguing), and you get some advices rather not to comment.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
David Ward

Post by David Ward »

OCTO wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 13:16 I can't open the link, I don't have Facebook anymore. What is that group about?… …
I've never had Facebook so it's the same for me.
Finale 25.5 & F 26.3.1
Mac OS 10.13.6 & 10.14.6
https://composers-uk.com/davidward/news-links/
John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

I have a inactive Facebook account and was tempted to activate it to view the site, needing a lot of comic relief right now.
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

If comic relief is what you’re after, that’s probably a good group for it. It’s not Music Engraving Tips, but Music Engraving S***posting. So, go and participate at your own risk XD
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

tisimst wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 16:00 but Music Engraving S***posting. So, go and participate at your own risk XD
Yes, I remember it now I saw it. I would emphasize the word "risk". A lot of absurd and chatter/gossip posting, time consuming. The users post others engraving attempts and make fool of it; some users make with purpose a "bad" score, just for fun.

In my opinion, life is to short for that.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)