New Harp Pedal Font

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
tisimst

New Harp Pedal Font

Post by tisimst »

Hey Friends!

I'm pleased to announce a new (and really affordable!) font for all you engravers who need to add harp pedal diagrams to your scores. Created by Jawher Matmati, it makes creating the diagram *so* easy! And since it works like regular text, it's compatible with any music notation software! Stop by my font shop (link in my signature) to get it! Full documentation PDF with recommended usage instructions in Sibelius, Finale, and Dorico included.

Here's a sample, as seen in use in Dorico. Simply type the text string, then change the font!
short-description-example.png
short-description-example.png (94.04 KiB) Viewed 6681 times
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
Schonbergian

Re: New Harp Pedal Font

Post by Schonbergian »

While this is welcomed and looks very nice, I have to wonder if this fills a void that should really be served by notation programs themselves.

Are there seriously no easily-accessible harp pedaling tools in the standard notation programs?
tisimst

Re: New Harp Pedal Font

Post by tisimst »

I don’t disagree with you. The existence of this font must be an indication for the need of a simpler way, more musically connected way of doing it. Since this is text based and also syntactically accurate (meaning, it’s more than just saying if a pedal should be up or down, it’s the actual tuning), it should feel very familiar to those who both play the harp and those who engrave for it.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge