FontForge and Finale

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
OCTO

Re: FontForge and Finale

Post by OCTO »

I have named it Abc or Xyz (so that I can easily find them), and they are found in all other applications. I am not in the studio now, but when I return I can post it as an example that you can test.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

OCTO, but what name have you given your font _internally_? Specifically, I'm looking for "Font Name", "Family Name", and "Full Name", as found in the "PS Names" tab of the "Font Information window. Maybe you could send me the file and I could just take a look at it...
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Hello.
Here it is. The font file and the FontForge file.
I installed this font into my Library Font folder. Finale cannot see it.
Attachments
test.zip
(16.52 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

Hmmm... I looked at your file and I couldn't see anything obvious that would be causing Finale to not see it. The only thing that I wondered about is the code point of most of your glyphs. Does Finale have full unicode support? Even if it doesn't, I don't know why that would cause problems. It would only see the glyphs at "=" and "A". Which OS are you running this on?
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

This file is a test. Finale since version 2012 supports Unicode. The problem is even if I have only slots a-z including the space and the result is the same. SOMETIMES I get it functioning but I am unsure what was the reason for it.