Help appreciated: ligatures and font forge

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
e_del

Re: Help appreciated: ligatures and font forge

Post by e_del »

ha...
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... -otf-font/

maybe it's the windows version of LO... I'll try again on OSX ASAP ... (no Linux box available at the moment)
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

e_del wrote:ha...
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question ... -otf-font/

maybe it's the windows version of LO... I'll try again on OSX ASAP ... (no Linux box available at the moment)
All my screenshots come from my Windows 8.0 installation of LO.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
e_del

Post by e_del »

well... then... I'd exclude any font issue at the moment

I'll investigate on my LO, (sigh.. I'll try MS Word too.. :) :) )
thanks for helping!
e_del

Post by e_del »

well... after a fresh install on a Mac Book, LO correctly translates the 'b13' ligature... then the font file is ok
e_del

Post by e_del »

a brief update after some more testing, in case someone is interested:
ligatures work like a charm on a MacBook Pro / El Capitan / LO 5.1.4.2
No way under Win 10 / LO 5.1.4 (latest version downloaded), BUT... it works in notepad!...
I'm surprised you tisimst use them with LO/Win8 .. maybe is related the windows version? I'll try to find a Win8 box to test.
After all, the OpenFont interpretation is up to the word processor, but fonts are installed by the OS... I don't know what to think...
Anyway, I confirm that ligatures in FontForge work, and are not a problem anymore
Thank you *a lot* for the support
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

e_del wrote:a brief update after some more testing, in case someone is interested:
ligatures work like a charm on a MacBook Pro / El Capitan / LO 5.1.4.2
No way under Win 10 / LO 5.1.4 (latest version downloaded), BUT... it works in notepad!...
I'm surprised you tisimst use them with LO/Win8 .. maybe is related the windows version? I'll try to find a Win8 box to test.
After all, the OpenFont interpretation is up to the word processor, but fonts are installed by the OS... I don't know what to think...
Anyway, I confirm that ligatures in FontForge work, and are not a problem anymore
Thank you *a lot* for the support
The varied results are a little strange and inexplicable to me, as well. Glad it's in a working state for you, though.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge