Free music fonts

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
OCTO

Re: Free music fonts

Post by OCTO »

jan wrote:No, the smallest box possible. More or less same result with using 1 in line thickness, height and width.
Wait, but on your video you use 0, and the box is much larger. Stop video at 0:15.
David Ward wrote:rom time to time I've attempted to have a dynamic within an opaque rectangle. However, the rectangle has always been much too large for use. I'm not clear from reading this thread whether or not it might be possible to have a tightly fitting opaque rectangle around dynamics in Engraver (or indeed in Maestro) font.
David, simply check Jan's video. At 0:15 he enters zeros, but you can manipulate with that by dragging the border manually. Start anyway with some line thickness so that you can manipulate with the box, than choose 0 as the line width.
Check these settings:
shot 4.png
shot 4.png (45.97 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
David Ward

Post by David Ward »

Thank you OCTO. It's so much easier than I thought - and I don't need to confuse myself with FANs…
Finale 25.5 & F 26.3.1
Mac OS 10.13.6 & 10.14.6
https://composers-uk.com/davidward/news-links/
jan

Post by jan »

Wait, but on your video you use 0, and the box is much larger. Stop video at 0:15.
Sorry, I was a bit unclear. What I meant is the box with the smallest distance (distance=0) to the font boundaries. That was the problem we were talking about. One would expect that 0 is the smallest distance to the symbol's boundaries, but it's the distance to the font boundaries.
jan

Post by jan »

I have updated the Elbound Music Font Package to v1.1.
It includes many minor optimizations (especially kerning and spacing), four new fonts (Musica, Symbola, Noto Sans Symbols and Gonville) and 16 new composite symbols which make the incomplete original fonts even look more consistent in Finale.

Jan