My fonts in Brahms

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
odod

My fonts in Brahms

Post by odod »

John Ruggero wrote:Here are the ways that four editors of the past handled the pickup notes of the Chopin Etude op. 10 no. 4. It is clear that all were disturbed by the notation of the original edition and felt that it needed modification. Two opt for downward stems on the pickup notes, possibly without knowledge of the MS. And all changed the starting point of the slur in measure 1:

Scholtz (Peters).jpegKullak.jpegCortot.jpegBülow.jpeg
a little bit out of topic, but i have managed to made font look like one of Chopin Schirmer's edition

need some tweak though ..
Intermezzo_0001.png
Intermezzo_0001.png (294.47 KiB) Viewed 9267 times
i don't think behind bars or any engraving book is enough in this world of engraving .. beautiful art indeed
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service
OCTO

Re: My fonts in Brahms

Post by OCTO »

odod wrote:i have managed to made font look like one of Chopin Schirmer's edition
Nice one!
I guess this is Finale?
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
dah-hisa

Post by dah-hisa »

Hello odod,
It seems very beautiful, especially I think G-Clef pretty nice!
I like also Schirmers Style.

Would you like sell it sometime??
Composer & Music Engraver in Germany
odod

Post by odod »

OCTO wrote:
odod wrote:i have managed to made font look like one of Chopin Schirmer's edition
Nice one!
I guess this is Finale?
This is Sibelius sir
i rarely uses finale, since it has different learning curve with Sibelius :(
i was hoping that Dorico would be a combination of both .. but it turns Dorico has its own workaround ..that's why i am still holding myself to buy Dorico
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

For me, G. Schirmer (plate engraved) has the warmest appearance of any publisher and are some of the most beautiful ever produced. But most of the editions they offered were non-authentic and this has given them a bad rep. But now that musicians have direct access to primary sources and can make their own decisions about the text—if used properly, these editions deserve study because they document the performance practices of many fine musicians of the past. And the engraving has always deserved study.
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com
odod

Post by odod »

John Ruggero wrote:For me, G. Schirmer (plate engraved) has the warmest appearance of any publisher and are some of the most beautiful ever produced. But most of the editions they offered were non-authentic and this has given them a bad rep. But now that musicians have direct access to primary sources and can make their own decisions about the text—if used properly, these editions deserve study because they document the performance practices of many fine musicians of the past. And the engraving has always deserved study.
agree, all my piano books when i was in college primarily was Schirmer's edition .. look sharp and bold, but somehow the spacing is too tight for my eyes :(