Extra fonts in Finale

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
benwiggy

Extra fonts in Finale

Post by benwiggy »

This works on a Mac: I don't know about Windows. If you go to the Finale 25 app and "Show Contents", then search through the "Resources" folder, you will find some new fonts! (You can Sort by Kind.)
Chaconne, Kousaku, and Kousaku Percussion. Also Rentaro, which seems to be a Rehearsal Marks "letters in a box" font.
dah-hisa

Re: Extra fonts in Finale

Post by dah-hisa »

Wow! On the English version??
Chaconne is a most famous Japanese Music Font designed by Takashi Hoshide who the best Japanese Engraver.

He designed also his own Font that to see on his compositions/arrangements and engraving that is named Sarabande. It's really really beautiful!
Composer & Music Engraver in Germany
jan

Post by jan »

In the past these four fonts were also included in the free demo of the Japanese Finale 2014 release.

Jan
benwiggy

Post by benwiggy »

Chaconne is nice: very crisp and clean. Possibly a bit too much -- the sharps don't have much contrast. But I do like the quaver flags. (I'm trying to find a font with nice "bulging" flags.) Kousaku suffers from that weird "huge p" thing that some fonts do.
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Can anyone post some examples? I don't want to re-install the demo again, I am in the middle of an important project at 2014.5.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
dah-hisa

Post by dah-hisa »

Hier is a example page created with Chaconne
Attachments
uebung.pdf
(82.46 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
Composer & Music Engraver in Germany
jan

Post by jan »

You find more examples of Chaconne and Kousaku on the Music Font Comparison page.
Attached are two PDFs from the comparison.

Jan
Attachments
example4082Kousaku.pdf
(58.58 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
example4042Chaconne.pdf
(57.44 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

jan wrote:You find more examples of Chaconne and Kousaku on the Music Font Comparison page.
Attached are two PDFs from the comparison.

Jan
Thank you, Jan.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
skellysauce

Post by skellysauce »

Obviously I'm late to this but is there any way to get Chaconne on Finale v.26? I love the font but haven't been able to find something online that lets me download it.
jan

Post by jan »

It used to be available in the Japanese demo of Finale. Maybe you can get hold of it somewhere on the Japanese MI7 website?