Fat Eighths!

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
OCTO

Re: Fat Eighths!

Post by OCTO »

Agreed. There are some inconsistence with the engraving rules in his file, but I didn't want to comment. I just enjoyed the font outlook, as I believe it is purpose of that example. :)
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
Knut

Post by Knut »

OCTO wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 16:02 Agreed. There are some inconsistence with the engraving rules in his file, but I didn't want to comment. I just enjoyed the font outlook, as I believe it is purpose of that example. :)
Sure. I agree. I was just curious whether it was the application's fault or not.
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

Christof Schardt wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 14:14
Knut wrote: 26 Jan 2017, 14:05 Did you place the accidentals on downstem octaves in the wrong order on purpose, or is that how Sib. did it by default?
Even more: Is there a reason to ignore the rule, that accidentals of octave-distance should be aligned?
Generally speaking, they should be aligned. Sibelius has a knack of seeing accidentals for being larger than they really are, pushing "lower" instances farther away when it thinks there will be a collision (even when there's obviously _not_ one). I'm not sure why it does this, but it's royally annoying, at least to me.

@odod, if you trim the accidental's stems to be roughly the same size as Opus' accidentals (not always desirable, but anyway...) then that will guarantee the accidentals on notes an octave apart will horizontally align properly rather than be staggered.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
odod

Post by odod »

it was Sibelius's default :(,
thank you all for the input, however i am sorry if its a bit OOT now ..
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service
MJCube

Post by MJCube »

Also off-topic but important:
The first note of m. 5 in RH (where you corrected the :piano alignment) should be E‍♭, not D.
odod

Post by odod »

Yes sir, actually there were so many errors,
Since this is only an example .. and i haven't finished
With this piece too :(

Thanks
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service