help needed with font

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
Lola

help needed with font

Post by Lola »

Hello everybody, I am in need to use a specific font, but Finale won't let me use it and replacing it with Arial.

Would be very grateful for any help, enclosed are screenshots to show the font in question and my software version.

TIA

Lola from Spain
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (151.48 KiB) Viewed 7329 times
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (627.41 KiB) Viewed 7329 times
OCTO

Re: help needed with font

Post by OCTO »

I think, Finale is unable to use that font. You might delete the font, and install it again. Can you use it in other applications?
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
benwiggy

Post by benwiggy »

Firstly, update to Finale 25.3, if you haven't already. Free update, which may have bug fixes that help.

Secondly, as OCTO says: does the font work in other apps? Perhaps re-download it or restore from your Backup. It does seem to be a "reputable" typeface, so should work. Looks quite like Gill Sans.
Pianista

Post by Pianista »

I had similar problem with other font in Finale 2014.5. I tried to change font in text block, but Finale was still displaying Arial. I found that it happened only in some files, different files worked correctly.