A case for slab serifs in music

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
odod

Re: A case for slab serifs in music

Post by odod » 25 Sep 2017, 23:06

Knut wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 15:34
odod wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 15:03

your EDITION PETERS looks a bit problematic with the kerning or spacing, the spacing between P and E, D iti on .. or maybe my monitor resolution

I don't see the problem in print from the pdf, so I think this must be a display/hinting issue. In any case, I didn't design the sans serif font, so I have no license to mess with the spacing.
ahh i see, i thought you made it also ..
LogicX, Cubase 5, MacMini i7, Macbook Pro 2008, PowerMac G5, Sibelius 8, Finale, Musescore, Reaper, Apogee Duet, URMKII Steinberg, iPad with Notion, FontLab, tons of Faith and Prayers

Serenade Music Engraving Service

Florian

Post by Florian » 26 Sep 2017, 09:40

That is a beautiful music font, liuscorne!
Knut, congratulations! This must have been a huge amount of work... a set of beautiful text fonts that work very well with your music font. I like the italics especially! And that G-clef is a miraculous fusion of balance and character.

Knut

Post by Knut » 26 Sep 2017, 09:56

Florian wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 09:40
Knut, congratulations! This must have been a huge amount of work... a set of beautiful text fonts that work very well with your music font. I like the italics especially! And that G-clef is a miraculous fusion of balance and character.
Thank you, Florian!

It's been a huge amount of work, indeed, and you just complemented some of the most labor intensive parts of it, so that makes me very happy.