Beaming on Sibelius VS Finale

For those who need help with notation issues. (Please use the other available forums for help with software issues.)
odod

Beaming on Sibelius VS Finale

Post by odod »

Dear Master Engravers,

I have notice that Sibelius has a little graphical problem with beaming

here's the screenshot :

Finale
Finale.PNG
Finale.PNG (5.71 KiB) Viewed 9927 times
Sibelius
Sibelius 2.PNG
Sibelius 2.PNG (8.03 KiB) Viewed 9927 times
the beam was not properly connected to the stem on Sibelius ..
within the app itself Finale's graphic look unconnected too
but when i export to PDF it looks great
in Sibelius they were the same .. unconnected to the stem

anyone experiencing this too ?

P.S: Sorry for my poor english
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service
odod

Re: Beaming on Sibelius VS Finale

Post by odod »

22 views still no answer ..
ahh i know my presence is null ..

thanks for all the support ..
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

MJCube

Post by MJCube »

I noticed this as soon as I zoomed in past 400% in Sibelius 1.4 back in 2000. I find this tiny misalignment is NEVER an issue when reading at any reasonable size, either printed on paper or in PDF. It’s just not perceptible.
odod

Post by odod »

MJCube wrote:I noticed this as soon as I zoomed in past 400% in Sibelius 1.4 back in 2000. I find this tiny misalignment is NEVER an issue when reading at any reasonable size, either printed on paper or in PDF. It’s just not perceptible.
thank you sir .., i thought it was VGA related problem .. or WIN and MAC problem

OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Is your screenshot from PDF Viewer?
Sometimes it is visible sometimes not. Not sure why, perhaps PDF Viewer has some problems to interpret PDF.

The problem can be just in the interpretation, or true misplacing. PDF created by Finale or Sibelius is a combo of lines, fonts and shapes. The best solution, to assure the PDF-file consistency prior the printing, is to outline all fonts and lines, it means: the file becomes a vector graphic file only, and no lines/fonts are present.

To explain easier is the following: Finale and Sibelius create beams which are actually a single line with added width (stroke). Outlining it will create a "box", so that no line-width (stroke) is present at all.

Generally, you will need a very very good printer (perhaps offset) and very large staff sized printed score to get these oddities visible. I don't think it is a problem.
MJCube

Post by MJCube »

I have always seen the same misalignment whether I zoom in Sib itself or any PDF viewing engine.
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

I think that ONLY MuseScore has very clear connections.

Finale's flags and stem connections, Sibelius' braces and stem connections are common examples of bad misalignments. Unfortunately, never fixed.