SCORE Music Publishing System VS. Graphire Music Press

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
George M19

Re: SCORE Music Publishing System VS. Graphire Music Press

Post by George M19 » 08 Sep 2017, 02:02

I purchased Graphire Music Press from E. Mansfield. Thanks jrethorst!

I haven't gotten too far along with it, but it functions more like an engraving simulator than a practical computer program; there is no wizard to help setup the score for a particular project, you have to draw how many staves you need (instruments), the minimum distance between staves, how they are grouped, how barlines are drawn (whether on staves or through them), all more or less manually. Even though you can get high quality results with the program, with such a high learning curve I can see why it didn't catch on.

Having said that, I can see the same thing happening to Finale right now. Although, I hope that really doesn't happen.

If anyone is interested in seeing samples of Music Press, let me know. I guess I can do requests .. but it'll take me a while to get familiar with the program.

Thanks all!

OCTO

Re: SCORE Music Publishing System VS. Graphire Music Press

Post by OCTO » 08 Sep 2017, 08:02

Thank you for your feedback. It would be great to start a new topic (or topics) with just your learning curve and with some results. As many people here are very interested in any notation software regardless of its learning difficulties, your contribution would be very appreciated. I don't know if anyone else is using Graphite Music Press here on the forum.
Freelance Composer. Self Publisher.
Finale 2014.5 • Sibelius 7.1.3 • MuseScore 2.3 • Logic Pro X.1 • Ableton Live 9.7 • Digital Performer 9.1 /// OS X Yosemite