Software recognition, by eye

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
Harpsichordmaker

Re: RE: Re: Software recognition, by eye

Post by Harpsichordmaker »

odod wrote:
OCTO wrote: Btw, I would use different slur settings than yours if you further want to remove the Sibelius-look. I have somewhere pretty nice settings, I need to find them, I can post.
slur is one of the things that i dislike on Sibelius :( and it would be nice if you would like to share it
I second odod's request, please share.

And BTW, could anybody advice on staff lines and stem tickness? I like Sibelius engraving but I'd prefer a little bit of boldness.
Thank you in advance.
odod

Post by odod »

Harpsichordmaker wrote:
odod wrote:
OCTO wrote: Btw, I would use different slur settings than yours if you further want to remove the Sibelius-look. I have somewhere pretty nice settings, I need to find them, I can post.
slur is one of the things that i dislike on Sibelius :( and it would be nice if you would like to share it

And BTW, could anybody advice on staff lines and stem tickness? I like Sibelius engraving but I'd prefer a little bit of boldness.
Thank you in advance.
My setting would be .. Depend on some circumstances

Staff Lines : 0.1
Stem Thickness : 0.12
Leger Lines : 0.18
Barlines : 0.16
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service
jrethorst

Re: Software recognition, by eye

Post by jrethorst »

There's some help for recognition of different applications in "Ten Music Notation Programs", which has a one-page score in Dorico, Encore, Finale, LilyPond, MuseScore, Graphire Music Press, Notion, Overture, Score and Sibelius. At:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/643 ... ograms.pdf

In response to an earlier post with link in this thread about Graphire, it's no longer available at the $895 price shown in that link, but is now $140, at another website, listed in the Ten Programs acknowledgements.

John R.
John Rethorst
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Harpsichordmaker wrote:
odod wrote:
Here, attached.
Attachments
shot 2.jpg
shot 2.jpg (431.51 KiB) Viewed 11351 times
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
odod

Post by odod »

OCTO wrote:
Harpsichordmaker wrote:
odod wrote:
Here, attached.
woww .. thank you so much OCTO sir ..
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

jrethorst wrote:In response to an earlier post with link in this thread about Graphire, it's no longer available at the $895 price shown in that link, but is now $140, at another website, listed in the Ten Programs acknowledgements.
Hey, that's great! Thanks for pointing that out, John!
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
Harpsichordmaker

Post by Harpsichordmaker »

OCTO wrote:
Harpsichordmaker wrote:
odod wrote:
Here, attached.
Thank you very much, OCTO.
And thanks a lot to odod as well, for advicing on line thickness.
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

tisimst wrote:
jrethorst wrote:In response to an earlier post with link in this thread about Graphire, it's no longer available at the $895 price shown in that link, but is now $140, at another website, listed in the Ten Programs acknowledgements.
Hmmm... Now that I actually go to mansfieldmusic.com, I don't see anything about Graphire Music Press. Am I just blind? I checked every page.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
jrethorst

Post by jrethorst »

tisimst wrote:
tisimst wrote:
Hmmm... Now that I actually go to mansfieldmusic.com, I don't see anything about Graphire Music Press. Am I just blind? I checked every page.
Your eyesight is going to have to be pretty good, given the fonts you produce. Graphire might well not be on the mansfield site (and should update Ten Programs to be more specific), but he's at Ernie Mansfield <ernie@mansfieldmusic.com>. Say hi for me.
John Rethorst