Programming library for music engraving

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
Ajcek

Programming library for music engraving

Post by Ajcek »

I would like to introduce my programming libraries for music typesetting: http://manufaktura-controls.com/
They can be used to render music scores in desktop, mobile and web applications. I'm looking forward for your thoughts and comments.
DatOrganistTho

Re: Programming library for music engraving

Post by DatOrganistTho »

I'm sure you are aware of any limitations of digital rendering and hinting. I think the first thing that jumps out at me is how anemic the music seems. Not to mention, it feels clumsy. But I'm sure you know that.
LilyPond Lover
Composer and Transcriber
Teacher and Performer
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

As far as I understand, these scores are rendered in the browser (no pictures, no special player, no media attached..). It is, I guess, HTML5 language, which is of course astonishing. As for beginning - I can congratulate. You are more than welcome to visit this forum to ask for more suggestions in due course of it's development.

I agree with the previous, the scores look a bit anemic, but for some simple purpose it is perhaps good.
MJCube

Post by MJCube »

@ Ajcek: I think this type of thing is definitely the future of music notation on the web. There is a W3C group dedicated to establishing standards for exactly this: www.w3.org/community/music-notation/ … If you’re not in on this, you should be.