Forthcoming Dorico update

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
David Ward

Re: Forthcoming Dorico update

Post by David Ward »

I see Daniel Spreadbury is due to give workshops in Dorico at the Scottish Music Centre in Glasgow on 14 June. Unfortunately I probably can't be there, but it might have been interesting.
Finale 25.5 & F 26.3.1
Mac OS 10.13.6 & 10.14.6
https://composers-uk.com/davidward/news-links/
dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury »

Alas it won't be me personally in Glasgow that day (it was due to be me, but sadly one of the singers in my choir recently died suddenly and I will be directing the music at her memorial service) but my colleague John will be there, and I would encourage anybody who is on the fence about Dorico and is within striking distance of Glasgow to attend one of the sessions.
David Ward

Post by David Ward »

dspreadbury wrote: 31 May 2017, 22:13 … …and I would encourage anybody who is on the fence about Dorico and is within striking distance of Glasgow to attend one of the sessions.
And I've just received a message from SMC saying the Dorico workshop sessions in Glasgow are to be on Thursday 15 not Wed 14 June.
Finale 25.5 & F 26.3.1
Mac OS 10.13.6 & 10.14.6
https://composers-uk.com/davidward/news-links/
dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury »

Just to let you know that the Dorico 1.1 update has been released today. Full details on the Making Notes blog here.
benwiggy

Post by benwiggy »

This does look really good, and I'm now tempted to try some "serious" projects in it, rather than just footling around.
RMK

Post by RMK »

If they would just include a way to make instrumental cues - even as a kludge.

Good news is that the cross-grade discount has been extended to September, and you are now able to download a demo of 1.1, even if you downloaded a previous demo.