I have done now the first page of my violin piece in MuseScore 2.
I have started on Linux about year ago, than on OS X than stopped; and now continue working on Windows 10 and a large monitor (27" BenQ).
What I can say: the output is very good, better than what I expected. I have started the same score in other software, but I was unable to do the same appearance in Sibelius and even not in Finale. to continue in MS was indeed appealing. There is something pretty nice in lines, curves and spacing, that makes MS look better in this case. But I have edited manually all measures, nothing is by default. What is very nice, as I have described before, I have been able to move items and keep them there fixed, which is very good. Sibelius makes that almost impossible, even when the magnetic layout is turned off.
Here is the first page, zoomed out, but for people interested in having a full PDF page, let me know and I will send it to you privately (I am not sure how to share a file with just a certain people, and I don't want this to be available for download, that is why. The piece needs to be performed and registered first).
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 25 • Sibelius 2018 • MuseScore 2 • Logic Pro X • Ableton Live 9 • Digital Performer 9 /// OS X El Capitan, (side system: Debian 9, Windows 10)