Staff Pad

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
A. Stoetzner

Staff Pad

Post by A. Stoetzner »

John Ruggero

Re: Staff Pad

Post by John Ruggero »

Yes, I am hoping that they will come out with a version for the new large iPad.
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

It is of course an amazing product of science, if someone has tried it it would be great to see the limits. Re-typing "Le Sacre" or some Boulez, as example.
Also, it would be good to know spacing details, print clarity etc.
Many things to consider.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
Peter West

Post by Peter West »

a version for iPad would be great if a reliable XML export were included.
Finale 2008/9/10/11/12/14, Sibelius 6/7.5, In Design CC 2015, Illustrator CS4
Knut

Post by Knut »

John Ruggero wrote:Yes, I am hoping that they will come out with a version for the new large iPad.
Peter West wrote:a version for iPad would be great if a reliable XML export were included.
According to an interview with the creator, David William Hearn, on the Sibelius Blog, an iOS version of StaffPad is not likely, at least not in the near future. He says:

“from a technical perspective, it would be a major rebuild job. I’m open to the idea though – but only if the device is right and doesn’t compromise the experience!”

There are some other contenders in the works though, which might cater to the iOS user base.
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Anyone owing the machine and the tool, can you make a video of retyping Le Sacre?
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

This product was discussed at the MM Forum a little while ago, and it was pointed out that a Mac user could use a PC tablet now and transfer files to their desk computer via XML, which is all that would happen with an iPad>Mac system.

I envision contests with speed engravers competing for large prizes before rapt audiences. The future looks bright.
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

John Ruggero wrote: I envision contests with speed engravers competing for large prizes before rapt audiences. The future looks bright.
:) ;)
Vasic

Post by Vasic »

Knut wrote:
John Ruggero wrote:Yes, I am hoping that they will come out with a version for the new large iPad.
Peter West wrote:a version for iPad would be great if a reliable XML export were included.
According to an interview with the creator, David William Hearn, on the Sibelius Blog, an iOS version of StaffPad is not likely, at least not in the near future. He says:

“from a technical perspective, it would be a major rebuild job. I’m open to the idea though – but only if the device is right and doesn’t compromise the experience!”
I recently contacted the developer, after the iPad Pro with pencil was announced, and his response was somewhat encouraging. They are evaluating options and will likely port the app if the iPad Pro picks up user base.

I would not be surprised if iPad Pro eclipsed Surface's market share over the next year or so, which would provide a powerful argument to the developers to port this app over. We'll have to wait and see...
Peter West

Post by Peter West »

Thanks for the update.
Finale 2008/9/10/11/12/14, Sibelius 6/7.5, In Design CC 2015, Illustrator CS4