[puzzle] A Breve Problem

For those who need help with notation issues. (Please use the other available forums for help with software issues.)
DatOrganistTho

Re: [puzzle] A Breve Problem

Post by DatOrganistTho »

Fellas there's no need for a cautionary accidental, for the previous measures do not change the f.
LilyPond Lover
Composer and Transcriber
Teacher and Performer
Knut

Post by Knut »

DatOrganistTho wrote:
Thanks Knut but I prefer not to do this via vector. I'm trying to find a solution that allows me to log it away in the source file.
I'm not familiar with Lilypond's capabilities, but perhaps it would be possible to substitute the noteheads with regular whole notes, and draw vertical bars of the desired length using primitives?

Other than that, I think I'm out of ideas.
John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

This thread has pointed out difficulties in the design of the double whole note. Given these difficulties, one could always do this:
Puzzle.jpg
Puzzle.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 8242 times
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com
Knut

Post by Knut »

That's a very simple and elegant solution, John, especially appropriate if the number of breves in the score is rather limited.
DatOrganistTho

Post by DatOrganistTho »

John Ruggero wrote:This thread has pointed out difficulties in the design of the double whole note. Given these difficulties, one could always do this:

Puzzle.jpg
This is a very elegant solution, indeed. I might go back and change it to this. Thanks!
LilyPond Lover
Composer and Transcriber
Teacher and Performer
John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

Thanks very much, Knut and DatOrganistTho!
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com