A case for slab serifs in music

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
odod

Re: A case for slab serifs in music

Post by odod »

Knut wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 15:34
odod wrote: 25 Sep 2017, 15:03
your EDITION PETERS looks a bit problematic with the kerning or spacing, the spacing between P and E, D iti on .. or maybe my monitor resolution

I don't see the problem in print from the pdf, so I think this must be a display/hinting issue. In any case, I didn't design the sans serif font, so I have no license to mess with the spacing.
ahh i see, i thought you made it also ..
Nuendo 12, FL Studio 20, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, HOOPUS, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, and yeah i am a gear slut

Serenade Music Engraving Service
Florian

Post by Florian »

That is a beautiful music font, liuscorne!
Knut, congratulations! This must have been a huge amount of work... a set of beautiful text fonts that work very well with your music font. I like the italics especially! And that G-clef is a miraculous fusion of balance and character.
Knut

Post by Knut »

Florian wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 09:40 Knut, congratulations! This must have been a huge amount of work... a set of beautiful text fonts that work very well with your music font. I like the italics especially! And that G-clef is a miraculous fusion of balance and character.
Thank you, Florian!

It's been a huge amount of work, indeed, and you just complemented some of the most labor intensive parts of it, so that makes me very happy.