fingered tremolo

Discuss the rules of notation, standard notation practices, efficient notation practices and graphic design.
OCTO

Re: fingered tremolo

Post by OCTO »

In your example:
- the first viola, first slur is a typical Finale (and other software) slur appearance: the slur's direction is downwards and the notes are going upwards. That could be edited.
- the second viola, the slur can cross the flat's symbol stem. Be cautious, though!

* I have some difficulty with the music text font you use: it is probably Minion, and all similar such as Garamond or Caslon really look odd when used as italics, they simply said have a completely different structure than the regular :forte :piano :ni :ri etc.
* The "pupitre" is a technical term, it should not be italic.
* The notes' stems appear to have more width than the barline. It could be the same or the opposite.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.5 • Sibelius 2024.3• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 11 /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
hautbois baryton

Post by hautbois baryton »

Thank you for the deep review! I'll make some updates today.

EDIT: I had barlines only at 2 EVPUs, compared to 3.5 for stems. I made the barlines match the stems.
Composer and engraver
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

hautbois baryton wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 20:37 EDIT: I had barlines only at 2 EVPUs, compared to 3.5 for stems. I made the barlines match the stems.
And Staff lines?
Finale Default is notorious for its very very tiny templates (lines).
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.5 • Sibelius 2024.3• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 11 /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
hautbois baryton

Post by hautbois baryton »

OCTO wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 22:44
hautbois baryton wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 20:37 EDIT: I had barlines only at 2 EVPUs, compared to 3.5 for stems. I made the barlines match the stems.
And Staff lines?
Finale Default is notorious for its very very tiny templates (lines).
Ooh, that does look much better! I've updated my templates!
Composer and engraver