Today I almost got a mental breakdown because of Sibelius.
I am in.
Search found 2063 matches
- 27 Sep 2026, 19:56
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: Dorico…to be or not.
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2439
- 27 Sep 2026, 11:08
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: Dorico…to be or not.
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2439
Re: Dorico…to be or not.
What I mean by "quick" is to execute the command in a shortest possible time by using shortcuts and without any screen-delay.
To be fair, one should mention that depending on your computer specs you might experience some lag with big files, because of the recalculations of spacing that always ...
- 26 Sep 2026, 13:59
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: Dorico…to be or not.
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2439
Re: Dorico…to be or not.
How about quick copy/paste between different instruments, moving phrases around (left/right, as with Sibelius CMD+ALT+arrow), quickly copying and pasting specific elements from one instrument to another (slurs, hairpins, etc.), filtering specific elements within a selected measure, etc.?
What I ...
What I ...
- 25 Sep 2026, 19:08
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: Dorico…to be or not.
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2439
Re: Dorico…to be or not.
Thanks!
And if you were a Finale user, there is a very favourable cross-grade price.
Yes, both Finale and Sibelius. Actually, I already submitted the crossgrade information, but I forgot to check the status. It was approved, but then cancelled because I didn't respond within 30 days or so.
If ...
And if you were a Finale user, there is a very favourable cross-grade price.
Yes, both Finale and Sibelius. Actually, I already submitted the crossgrade information, but I forgot to check the status. It was approved, but then cancelled because I didn't respond within 30 days or so.
If ...
- 25 Sep 2026, 13:36
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: Dorico…to be or not.
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2439
Re: Dorico…to be or not.
Thank you all!
I was hesitating to answer right away, as I wanted to wait and see what several people would say.
Of course, dspreadbury , it's unfair to comment on software you haven't tested yourself, and looking at someone else's workflow also assumes that the person might not fully know the ...
I was hesitating to answer right away, as I wanted to wait and see what several people would say.
Of course, dspreadbury , it's unfair to comment on software you haven't tested yourself, and looking at someone else's workflow also assumes that the person might not fully know the ...
- 19 Sep 2026, 23:01
- Forum: Music Librarian's Corner
- Topic: Parts paper size in US
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
Re: Parts paper size in US
Actually, what I have in mind is to create a uniform paper size for my parts, so that they can be printed both in Europe and the US, and have the whole thing sorted out once and for all. This is surprisingly messy. I am not sure why there isn't a more or less fixed standard.
In Sweden, there is the ...
In Sweden, there is the ...
- 18 Sep 2026, 22:59
- Forum: Music Librarian's Corner
- Topic: Parts paper size in US
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
Parts paper size in US
What paper sizes are available in the US for orchestras to print parts themselves?
My guess is that Letter is not an option.
My guess is that Letter is not an option.
- 17 Sep 2026, 16:39
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: Dorico…to be or not.
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2439
Dorico…to be or not.
Today I had a chance to work with one of my students, looking at his orchestral score in Dorico. From my point of view, I haven’t seen so many clicks and pop-ups since the "Finale days." The output was generally "ok", but I wasn't particularly impressed by the default result. He had to go through ...
- 16 Sep 2026, 12:49
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: Best way to notate natural harmonic gliss
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1668
Re: Best way to notate natural harmonic gliss
Instead of pitch G use pitch A (first finger), then use triangle notehead for the highest tone.
And use harmonics─────────┐ above the phrase.
Remember, your first note is making glissando, your last note is not making glissando. It is the final note of two beats sounding still.
And use harmonics─────────┐ above the phrase.
Remember, your first note is making glissando, your last note is not making glissando. It is the final note of two beats sounding still.
- 15 Sep 2026, 22:25
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: solo string writing question
- Replies: 8
- Views: 797
Re: solo string writing question
This one is good and easy. Please, please, remove the string numbering and fingering, it does nothing and creates a "notational dust".
oooo, ok.
will do.
I much prefer having a nice clear uncluttered score anyway.
ok, here is the full passage, on D and G strings, then later on E and A ...