Intervening after a while...
Regardless of how well an AI will be able to perform this task or not, why should it?
I hope that editions that used this kind of tool will put a label on it "made with AI" so that it is at least honest and clear.
Personally I would never use AI in engraving beyond ...
Search found 391 matches
- 30 Sep 2026, 08:12
- Forum: Digital Notation Tools
- Topic: GPT-6's new edition of Weber
- Replies: 22
- Views: 3087
- 30 Sep 2026, 08:05
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: Best way to notate natural harmonic gliss
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2253
Re: Best way to notate natural harmonic gliss
Also, the diamond notehead without anything else refers to natural harmonics between the nut and the half of the string.
After that point a standard notehead with a harmonic circle is used.
If the starting point is before the half of the string, I would use a single notehead with a diagonal upward ...
After that point a standard notehead with a harmonic circle is used.
If the starting point is before the half of the string, I would use a single notehead with a diagonal upward ...
- 30 Sep 2026, 08:00
- Forum: Notation Rules and Standards
- Topic: Lapse in Henle?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 155
Re: Lapse in Henle?
One of the several blunders one can find in several Henle editions if one scratches beyond the surface or elegant engraving.
- 30 Sep 2026, 07:58
- Forum: Notation Rules and Standards
- Topic: A Remarkable Beethoven Cautionary
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1187
Re: A Remarkable Beethoven Cautionary
I have been working increasingly more on piano music as of late and I am trying to avoid unnecessary naturals whenever possible.
Here Beethoven's solution is the correct choice, and I would say the same even if it was by a second- or third-rate composer.
Cautionary naturals in different octaves in ...
Here Beethoven's solution is the correct choice, and I would say the same even if it was by a second- or third-rate composer.
Cautionary naturals in different octaves in ...
- 28 Sep 2026, 08:51
- Forum: Notation Rules and Standards
- Topic: 5/4 grouping
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2946
Re: 5/4 grouping
Dotted half followed by a quarter, please!
- 15 Sep 2026, 12:41
- Forum: Notation Rules and Standards
- Topic: 5/4 grouping
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2946
Re: 5/4 grouping
I believe this is context driven.
While I have been trained to consider 5/4 as either a 3+2 or a 2+3, more than one composer asked me to group it 4+1 in several occasions.
In 5/8 this is simpler: either 3+2 or 2+3.
While I have been trained to consider 5/4 as either a 3+2 or a 2+3, more than one composer asked me to group it 4+1 in several occasions.
In 5/8 this is simpler: either 3+2 or 2+3.
- 15 Sep 2026, 12:38
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: A quick question regarding amalgamated rests in divisi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3107
Re: A quick question regarding amalgamated rests in divisi
Strange... if you write 'p dolce' in the Shift-D popover it should write it in italic, assuming that you set up the Dynamics Font to be italic in general.
- 09 Sep 2026, 14:59
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: A quick question regarding amalgamated rests in divisi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3107
Re: A quick question regarding amalgamated rests in divisi
Indeed: use '1. solo' and 'les autres'.
Please also put 'dolce' in italic.
Please also put 'dolce' in italic.
- 09 Sep 2026, 06:26
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: A quick question regarding amalgamated rests in divisi
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3107
Re: A quick question regarding amalgamated rests in divisi
From your latest example: 'tutti la 1/2 interieure' is confusing. Either it is 'tutti' or it is 'la 1/2 interieure'. In this case I would just write 'la 1/2 interieure'. Then, in the last bar, 'tutti div.' is good.
Consider splitting staves in parts. I know in the score this can be too much of a ...
Consider splitting staves in parts. I know in the score this can be too much of a ...
- 09 Sep 2026, 06:23
- Forum: Problems and Solutions (Help)
- Topic: Using RISM?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1070
Re: Using RISM?
In my experience, the quality and usefulness of RISM has greatly degraded since their last big update (I think it was last year?).
Sometimes I even fail to find something I know I had browsed on their system, reason for which I always keep a permalink list of their pages for future re-use.
Sometimes I even fail to find something I know I had browsed on their system, reason for which I always keep a permalink list of their pages for future re-use.