Welcome

News about Notat.io. Comments and suggestions for the site.
OCTO

Welcome

Post by OCTO »

Welcome to the forum on the music notation.
I hope you will be able to contribute with solutions and ideas, as well to get help in the case of doubts.
Without ambitions, the idea for this forum has been developed from a need to discuss about various topics on the music notation on a higher level, without being limited to notation software.

No question is a beginner's question, but please refer to other forums if you have questions about a particular problem with your program or the music theory. Only questions about the notation and music engraving in general are planned for this community.

Please, spread the information about the forum. It will be absolutely great to have many of you here. Particularly are welcome music copyists, music editors and notation software engineers.
Best OCTO.
dspreadbury

Re: Welcome

Post by dspreadbury »

Thanks for getting this forum started, Djuro. I hope we will see some interesting discussions here!

Daniel (at Steinberg)
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Thanks. You are more than welcome!
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Thanks for getting this forum started, Octo! I'm looking forward to reading and participating in the discussions.
Fred G. Unn

Post by Fred G. Unn »

Thanks for setting this up OCTO! Glad to see dspreadbury here too! His Making Notes blog posts have been some of the more interesting engraving discussions recently.
NicholasG

Post by NicholasG »

Great idea...Happy engraving.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
1 TB Flash Processor 2.6 GHz Core i7, 16 GB Ram, 4 TB external HD
Logic Pro X 10.2, Cubase 9
Final 25.2, Sibelius 8.5
UR 44, M1, Keystation 88
Adobe CC
mikerosen

Post by mikerosen »

Good job, OCTO.!
Epeedad

Post by Epeedad »

Great idea!
Knut

Post by Knut »

Great initiative, Octo!
Fred G. Unn

Post by Fred G. Unn »

I noticed you posted a link to this forum over on the Finale forum. Did you post on Sibelius too? I invited a few copyists who primarily use Sibelius, but I didn't see a post over on the Sibelius forum.