How to effectively print/ship scores and to be competitive as a publisher?

Printing, binding, promotion and the business side of engraving.
OCTO

Re: How to effectively print/ship scores and to be competitive as a publisher?

Post by OCTO »

benwiggy wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 11:47
OCTO wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 11:13 Is there any news?
I approved the proofs for printing on 5th December, and they are dispatching the copies today. (Finished them on Friday, but missed the post.) Assuming they don't work weekends, that's still 6 days: 10 copies per day. :lol:
I see. Maybe because you are a new customer. they do my scores, even large, in 2 days.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
benwiggy

Post by benwiggy »

My sample copy has just arrived. It's a really nice job. I'm a bit worried about the staple tearing through the block with use. (68pp)

The printing is nice and black and the off-white text paper is lovely. I'll be interested to see what the binding is like for my conductor scores, between 100 - 200 pages -- whether it will lay flat, etc.

I suppose farming out all my printing is an alternative to 'going digital'.
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

benwiggy wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 13:18 My sample copy has just arrived. It's a really nice job. I'm a bit worried about the staple tearing through the block with use. (68pp)

The printing is nice and black and the off-white text paper is lovely. I'll be interested to see what the binding is like for my conductor scores, between 100 - 200 pages -- whether it will lay flat, etc.
Good to hear!

If you have 200 pages they will be bound with the spiral.
benwiggy wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 13:18 I suppose farming out all my printing is an alternative to 'going digital'.
Exactly so is what I do for years.

Good luck!
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)