open string "0" size/height

Discuss the rules of notation, standard notation practices, efficient notation practices and graphic design.
MichelRE

Re: open string "0" size/height

Post by MichelRE »

I've taken your suggestions as a whole and applied them to my score: removed redundant fingerings, removed the fingering where it was obvious a repeated passage would use the same fingering, moved the fingering to below the notes.

I have to say that with your help this passage in particular is looking much nicer!
OCTO

Re: open string "0" size/height

Post by OCTO »

MichelRE wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:25 AHA! Octo, I was mistaken, she does NOT suggest that the fingering (or open string) be repeated on a tied note.
I was misremembering a comment about repeated notes being marked as such in certain contexts to ensure that a note isn't taken on an alternate string when the open string is desired.
(it was from page 395 that I was misremembering it)
:)
Good! Thanks for confirmation.
MichelRE wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 17:27 I have to say that with your help this passage in particular is looking much nicer!
Thank to you too. Good luck with the performance.
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.5 • Sibelius 2024.3• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 11 /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)