New Musescore font video

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
jrethorst

New Musescore font video

Post by jrethorst »

This video details how Leland, Musescore's new default notation font, was developed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGo4PJd1lng

P.S. Leland was named after Leland Smith, creator of Score. The video talks about that program a bit.
John Rethorst
benwiggy

Re: New Musescore font video

Post by benwiggy »

I tried to get hold of SCORE year ago. Having now seen how SCORE works on a practical level, I'm glad I never got the chance. It makes Lilypond look user-friendly! :lol:

He is right about the process: make the shape, then see how it fits on the page. Rinse and Repeat. Then do that 3000 times...! Speaking of which, I must go and look at some flags.... :???:

But more SMuFL fonts are always welcome, just for the sake of variety.
JoshNichols

Re: New Musescore font video

Post by JoshNichols »

benwiggy wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 09:55 I tried to get hold of SCORE year ago. Having now seen how SCORE works on a practical level, I'm glad I never got the chance. It makes Lilypond look user-friendly! :lol:

He is right about the process: make the shape, then see how it fits on the page. Rinse and Repeat. Then do that 3000 times...! Speaking of which, I must go and look at some flags.... :???:

But more SMuFL fonts are always welcome, just for the sake of variety.
You know I've thought about this, and I think you are right. I've wanted a copy of score since 2013, and have tried to procure it and never could. I wanted all of that power, but knowing what I know now, I go back and forth about it. If only I could click and drag LilyPond stuff, that would take it over the edge for me.

Dorico is doing it all for me, at the moment. I hope that it'll grow in a few different ways soon.
WINDOWS 11 · DORICO PRO 4 · LILYPOND 2.20.X · CUBASE 11 · AFFINITY STUDIO (DESIGNER, PHOTO, PUBLISHER) · DAVINCI RESOLVE

“Complexity is layered simplicity.” – James Wiznerowicz