Finale fonts available for download

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
benwiggy

Re: Finale fonts available for download

Post by benwiggy »

John Ruggero wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 14:12 Piano braces in the Maestro font??? Is that new?
The SMuFL spec includes piano braces, and so they are in Bravura and yes in Finale Maestro. But Finale app still draws them.

The iPad is limited to Bravura, Academico and the OS-installed fonts, due a to limitations in how fonts work on iPad.
jan

Post by jan »

John Ruggero wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 16:36 It would be very interesting to pit Dorico against Finale using Perfect Layout.
The new Perfect Layout v3.0 beta will probably be available in two weeks.
As the developer of Perfect Layout I would be very interested in seeing a comparison of automatic score/parts layout with Perfect Layout/Finale, Sibelius, Dorico and MuseScore.
If you need any assistance in doing such a test with Perfect Layout, let me know.

Jan
Elbsound.studio
John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

jan wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 09:27 As the developer of Perfect Layout I would be very interested in seeing a comparison of automatic score/parts layout with Perfect Layout/Finale, Sibelius, Dorico and MuseScore.
This sounds like a job for Robert Puff.
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com