Finale Maestro Wide font now part of Finale Maestro

Music notation symbols, fonts, font sources and font creation, SmuFL.
JJP

Re: Finale Maestro Wide font discontinued

Post by JJP »

benwiggy wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 08:13 Well, most of them will follow the SMuFL standard:

https://www.w3.org/2019/03/smufl13/tabl ... iders.html

But there are also lots "beyond SMuFL" (from U+F400 onwards), which are alternates and additional forms. E.g. Maestro uses a single glyph for accidentals in brackets, which isn't in the standard.
Thank you for this! I also heard back from another tech at MM who informed me that Maestro Wide is NOT discontinued and the Wide noteheads are indeed incorporated into Finale Maestro. This info combined with your link enabled me to find the proper noteheads in the Alternates & Extras section of the font.

I am able to update our template and retain the look we've spent so many years evolving. Thank you everyone for your help! There were a number of breadcrumbs in this thread that finally led to a solution.

I'll change my original post to avoid misrepresenting the situation.
There is no computer problem so complex that it cannot be solved by a sledge hammer.

Symbols of Sound - music preparation and consulting
benwiggy

Re: Finale Maestro Wide font now part of Finale Maestro

Post by benwiggy »

For the record, the Maestro Wide noteheads are at uniF600 to F604 in Finale Maestro. The crotchet note there is 343 font units**, compared to 318. The minim is 353, compared to 328.

(Divide by 250 to get spaces.)
JJP

Re: Finale Maestro Wide font now part of Finale Maestro

Post by JJP »

benwiggy wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 15:26 For the record, the Maestro Wide noteheads are at uniF600 to F604 in Finale Maestro. The crotchet note there is 343 font units**, compared to 318. The minim is 353, compared to 328.

(Divide by 250 to get spaces.)
This post is so much geeky goodness. :)
There is no computer problem so complex that it cannot be solved by a sledge hammer.

Symbols of Sound - music preparation and consulting