Working during Covid-19 lockdown

For those who need help with notation issues. (Please use the other available forums for help with software issues.)
benwiggy

Re: Working during Covid-19 lockdown

Post by benwiggy »

Sorry to hear that, OCTO, but I hope you make a full recovery. Several of my friends have contracted it, with a range of outcomes.

I can only pray that things return to some kind of normality for us all.
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

Dear friends, thank you very much.
Yes John, I was very busy with a deadline too. After my concert in march (after deadline), my wife got corona first, than I got sick shortly after that. She was quickly recovered, thanks God!
Indeed, I don't remember I felt so sick in my life. I experienced that any part of my body could be "broken" at any time, very strange. I could keep coughing for hours, totally exhausted. I slept for 13 hours every day and it helped, but nothing else. Also strange: as a coffee addict I even couldn't drink it- it smelt nothing, like hot water. I started with coffee recently.

I was totally unable to sit and compose, thus I made an electro-acoustic piece in Ableton on my macbook when I felt somehow better. I wanted to compose a "farewell", since I was indeed scared. For anyone interested I can send you a link. ( <- to answer the question of the OP.)

A nice entertainment was to watch "Tantacrul Dorico video" posted/recommended by benwiggy!

Be well!
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
tisimst

Post by tisimst »

I'm so sorry to hear you were sick for so long, OCTO! That sounds totally awful and I'm glad to hear that you're doing a bit better.
Music Typeface Designer & Engraver - LilyPond | Sibelius | Finale | MuseScore | Dorico | SMuFL | Inkscape | FontForge
OCTO

Post by OCTO »

tisimst wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 23:13 I'm so sorry to hear you were sick for so long, OCTO! That sounds totally awful and I'm glad to hear that you're doing a bit better.
Thank you too, tisimst .

Here is a "preview" of the piece (of 35min). Because of the tonal spectrum, it would be perfect to hear it on HiFi, or at least with a good headphones.
Unfortunately, nothing is notated [sic], since it is a multi-channel eam piece.
https://youtu.be/0WOHx2rGtO4
Freelance Composer. Self-Publisher.
Finale 27.3 • Sibelius 2023.5• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 11+ • Digital Performer 10+ /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
Anders Hedelin

Post by Anders Hedelin »

I too am glad that you seem to be recovering, OCTO!
Finale 26, 27 on Windows 10
David Ward

Post by David Ward »

Well, although I'm still effectively isolated here in rural NE Scotland, in the last few days I've got round to composing a couple of whimsical vocal settings. One is a six minute double Yeats song (2 poems, the first very short one coming back) for voice (unspecified) and piano, which I am sort of expecting somebody to perform. The other is a thoroughly quirky five minute bit of nonsense for three singers, viola and piano which I don't really expect anybody to perform, although it was huge fun to write. Since the last page ended half way down, I filled the space with the words sung, the final page looking like this (screenshot). Apart from the three lines of Kipling, the words (such as they are) are by me, with a nod to John Buchan.

BTW Why the convention that music is supposed to end at the bottom of a page? Apart from tradition, does it really matter? Another thread, perhaps…
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 20.08.27.png
Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 20.08.27.png (201.08 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
Finale 25.5 & F 26.3.1
Mac OS 10.13.6 & 10.14.6
https://composers-uk.com/davidward/news-links/
liuscorne

Post by liuscorne »

I just watched your video, Octo. Because you mentioned that you were a coffee addict, I thought it was interesting that Youtube recommended an episode of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee", the interview/comedy series by American comedian Jerry Seinfeld (specifically the episode with Barack Obama). Don't know what the connection to your video might be ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-Q_zpuJGU
Anders Hedelin

Post by Anders Hedelin »

Nostalgic, in more ways than one.
Finale 26, 27 on Windows 10