Spontini-Editor (a GUI assistant for making complex scores with Lilypond)

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
paolopr

Re: Spontini-Editor (a GUI assistant for making complex scores with Lilypond)

Post by paolopr »

DatOrganistTho wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 03:19 I'd love to help! I'll see what I can do.

I'd love to use some other fonts than Emmentaler, but how is that accomplished with this program? I see you packaged Lilypond into the editor.
Hello,

after meditating about this, I concluded that there's no need to add a helper for embedding fonts with the editor into the installed LilyPond. In fact, the cleanest way is simply to have an user-accessible directory with the installed LilyPond and then copy fonts there.
Then, if for example you want to use (the excellent) Gonville font:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/gonville/

... just copy the SVG files into the SHARE/lilypond/current/fonts/svg/ directory and then add

#(define fonts (set-global-fonts #:music "gonville" #:brace "gonville"))

...to your ly file.

Hope this helps!
DatOrganistTho

Re: Spontini-Editor (a GUI assistant for making complex scores with Lilypond)

Post by DatOrganistTho »

paolopr wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 17:51
DatOrganistTho wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 03:19 I'd love to help! I'll see what I can do.

I'd love to use some other fonts than Emmentaler, but how is that accomplished with this program? I see you packaged Lilypond into the editor.
Hello,

after meditating about this, I concluded that there's no need to add a helper for embedding fonts with the editor into the installed LilyPond. In fact, the cleanest way is simply to have an user-accessible directory with the installed LilyPond and then copy fonts there.
Then, if for example you want to use (the excellent) Gonville font:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/gonville/

... just copy the SVG files into the SHARE/lilypond/current/fonts/svg/ directory and then add

#(define fonts (set-global-fonts #:music "gonville" #:brace "gonville"))

...to your ly file.

Hope this helps!
Yes, this is lovely! I'm quite used to changing files in normal lilypond, but I didn't know how easy it was to do so in your editor. Thanks for the update!
LilyPond Lover
Composer and Transcriber
Teacher and Performer