freehand annotations in Finale

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
amelchi

freehand annotations in Finale

Post by amelchi »

is that possible in Finale? only text boxes?

thanks
Anders Hedelin

Re: freehand annotations in Finale

Post by Anders Hedelin »

FWIW I use text expressions for that, mostly query marks for something to come back to. These are easily obliterated when you are done with them, as opposed to text boxes.
Finale 26, 27 on Windows 10
JJP

Post by JJP »

I use text expressions as well. They are easier to manage.
There is no computer problem so complex that it cannot be solved by a sledge hammer.

Symbols of Sound - music preparation and consulting
amelchi

Post by amelchi »

Using Expression means that almost every time you use the same symbol (ie: query mark...) but that you cannot put different annotations on what's going on on that music passage in the score...
To stay with the ? metaphor it is almost a bookmark with no explicit explanation whereas I prefer (I need) to explain why I put a ? (not every ? is there for the same reason, sometimes they are there for different reasons...).

thanks
Anders Hedelin

Post by Anders Hedelin »

Nothing prevents you from writing what you like in a text expression. If you have many different annotations, you might store them in a separate category which makes them easier to erase later on.
Finale 26, 27 on Windows 10
amelchi

Post by amelchi »

thanks, anyway too limited...
IMHO is preferable in this case text-boxes but still missing the possibility, for instance, to free drawing a line on the score