Secondary Beaming Angles Question

For those who need help with notation issues. (Please use the other available forums for help with software issues.)
Hector Pascal

Secondary Beaming Angles Question

Post by Hector Pascal »

Hi all,

In this example, I am wondering about the wedges indicated by the arrows .... Can they be ignored? Or is there a way to manage them? I'm using a two-space beam angle. If anyone has a tip, let me know!
Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 3.27.24 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 3.27.24 pm.png (595.04 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
All best wishes,
HP.
NeeraWM

Re: Secondary Beaming Angles Question

Post by NeeraWM »

When there are 3 beams or more, it is close to impossible to avoid them, unless you greatly reduce the beam angle.
In this case I believe these wedges are the lesser evil you need to accept living with!
Hector Pascal

Post by Hector Pascal »

Hi NeeraWM, thank you very much for the reply :) It is helpful to get your opinion! Yes, I think I will try to live with the lesser evil!
Wishing you well,
Cheerio,
Hector.
John Ruggero

Post by John Ruggero »

You could to omit the connecting beams. Alternating hand passages of this type often forgo those. Then you can position the other beams to avoid the triangles. Triangles on top are maybe worse (?) than having them on the bottom.
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro

http://www.cantilenapress.com
Hector Pascal

Post by Hector Pascal »

Thanks very much, John, I'll give it a whirl :)
Cheerio,
Hector.