Not true.odod wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 04:21 Dorico is good but it's like programming where you have to set everything and unable to drag anything to make spacing etc.
Musescore
Re: Musescore
-
Mr_Incognito
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 11 Apr 2026, 15:08
Re: Musescore
Done!Magnus Johansson wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 08:58You're welcome! Have you considered submitting test results and a rating for Finale at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... on&iId=454?Mr_Incognito wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 03:30 Thanks everybody for the input! Seems like this forum is very lively and offers good ideas.
Re: Musescore
This me does in MuseScore version 2!
- Attachments
-
- ScreenShot 2026-04-12 at 17.28.02.png (552.16 KiB) Viewed 10456 times
-
- ScreenShot 2026-04-12 at 17.28.13.png (557.66 KiB) Viewed 10456 times
Finale 27.5 • Sibelius 2026.2• MuseScore 4+ • Logic Pro X+ • Ableton Live 12+ • Digital Performer 11 /// MacOS Monterey (secondary in use systems: Fedora 35, Windows 10)
-
Mr_Incognito
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 11 Apr 2026, 15:08
Re: Musescore
Looks great!
Re: Musescore
@RMK, Sorry but, unfortunately that is how i feel .. i don't like the sequence of the workflow, setup, engrave etc. Could not even drag any notes with mouse, even in engrave mode you need to select the mode again to be able to move staffs, it's just not my cup of tea I guess. While the Free Musescore can do such complex things .. like OCTO did above. Is all about workflow .. while I did this for most of my choir jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAiX8zTIEDI
I just finished making my own plugin for musescore 4 just like Perfect Layout from Jan, but with more option such as based Publishers or Gould, Powell or Ross. I mean this is why like Musescore better. Very easy to use. At least for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAiX8zTIEDI
I just finished making my own plugin for musescore 4 just like Perfect Layout from Jan, but with more option such as based Publishers or Gould, Powell or Ross. I mean this is why like Musescore better. Very easy to use. At least for me.
De antwoorden zijn altijd al aanwezig
Serenade Music Engraving Service
Serenade Music Engraving Service
- Magnus Johansson
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 10:51
- Location: Sweden
- Contact:
Re: Musescore
Are your results published there? It still says "Old test results" on the page.Mr_Incognito wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 15:15Done!Magnus Johansson wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 08:58You're welcome! Have you considered submitting test results and a rating for Finale at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... on&iId=454?Mr_Incognito wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 03:30 Thanks everybody for the input! Seems like this forum is very lively and offers good ideas.
Igor Engraver 1.7 via CrossOver on Debian GNU/Linux or Q4OS.
-
Mr_Incognito
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 11 Apr 2026, 15:08
Re: Musescore
I had a note that these will be reviewed first as I was a new user.Magnus Johansson wrote: 13 Apr 2026, 10:23Are your results published there? It still says "Old test results" on the page.Mr_Incognito wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 15:15Done!Magnus Johansson wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 08:58
You're welcome! Have you considered submitting test results and a rating for Finale at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... on&iId=454?
-
Mr_Incognito
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 11 Apr 2026, 15:08
Re: Musescore
Looks extremely interestingodod wrote: 12 Apr 2026, 23:09 @RMK, Sorry but, unfortunately that is how i feel .. i don't like the sequence of the workflow, setup, engrave etc. Could not even drag any notes with mouse, even in engrave mode you need to select the mode again to be able to move staffs, it's just not my cup of tea I guess. While the Free Musescore can do such complex things .. like OCTO did above. Is all about workflow .. while I did this for most of my choir jobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAiX8zTIEDI
I just finished making my own plugin for musescore 4 just like Perfect Layout from Jan, but with more option such as based Publishers or Gould, Powell or Ross. I mean this is why like Musescore better. Very easy to use. At least for me.
Screenshot 2026-04-13 at 06.06.38.png
I will probably try do something on a lesser scale (like solo and chamber) and then decide if I would go for Musescore. Being a native Linux app is a big plus for me.
Re: Musescore
Is your Musescore plugin available for download?
Re: Musescore
Interesting article on Scoring Notes about changes at MuseGroup: several senior team leaders have left; and they've taken on debt to buy-out their Private Equity partners who funded the Hal Leonard acquisition.
https://www.scoringnotes.com/news/priva ... p-changes/
https://www.scoringnotes.com/news/priva ... p-changes/