GPT-6's new edition of Weber

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
Mr_Incognito
Posts: 56
Joined: 11 Apr 2026, 15:08

Re: GPT-6's new edition of Weber

Post by Mr_Incognito »

Hi Vogel,

BTW, is it only GPT's Astra you have used? How about Claude, DeepSeek, Gemini?
NeeraWM
Posts: 391
Joined: 30 Nov 2021, 12:11

Re: GPT-6's new edition of Weber

Post by NeeraWM »

Intervening after a while...
Regardless of how well an AI will be able to perform this task or not, why should it?
I hope that editions that used this kind of tool will put a label on it "made with AI" so that it is at least honest and clear.
Personally I would never use AI in engraving beyond basic XML import. Technology is already trying to take away every little daily enjoyment we have, and I will certainly not let it take this away from me.

(It all possibly sounds a bit too dramatic, but the juice is, I will not use AI to help me proofread or engrave a piece).
John Ruggero
Posts: 3067
Joined: 05 Oct 2015, 14:25
Location: Raleigh, NC USA

Re: GPT-6's new edition of Weber

Post by John Ruggero »

NeeraWM wrote: 30 Sep 2026, 08:12 Technology is already trying to take away every little daily enjoyment we have, and I will certainly not let it take this away from me.
Hear, hear!

In the 19th century there was a reaction to mass production in the form of the Arts and Crafts movement, which produced one-of-a-kind objects of beauty and quality that are now very much in demand. We need a new movement as technology takes away our ability to do basic tasks, like add two numbers together, how to spell, or notate basic rhythms (Dorico).
M1 Mac mini (OS 12.4), Dorico 6, Finale 25.5, GPO 4, Affinity Publisher 2, SmartScore 64 Pro, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Keyboard maestro
Post Reply