Dorico 4.2 released

Recommendations concerning notation and publishing software in a non-partisan environment.
benwiggy

Dorico 4.2 released

Post by benwiggy »

Dorico 4.2 has just been released: the main features are the addition of the percussion editor as part of the new Key editor toolkit, and the ability to copy MIDI edits when copying notes. There are the usual plethora of minor tweaks and fixes. (More punctuation, including elipses, are now ignored when centering lyrics.)

Dorico 4 has clearly focused on MIDI and playback (though there have been many notation and workflow improvements too); but Daniel's blog hints at some other features to come.
we have one more update with significant functionality planned for the early autumn. .... We have also been working on a really great feature to help arrangers, which has been in the works now for a long time, and all being well we hope it will be included in the next update.
https://blog.dorico.com/2022/07/dorico-4-2-released/
dspreadbury

Re: Dorico 4.2 released

Post by dspreadbury »

It's true that there has been a lot of focus on the Key Editor in Dorico 4, but as I pointed out on the Dorico forum yesterday, there have been plenty of engraving-focused improvements both in Dorico 4.0 and in the six updates that have been released since January this year.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/ties-ove ... /796194/20
benwiggy

Post by benwiggy »

Indeed, I'm very grateful for many of them (not least of all the independent scaling of accidentals). I wasn't suggesting that engraving has been overlooked; I was, in a clumsy way, trying to anticipate the area in which other features might be forthcoming...!
MichelRE

Post by MichelRE »

I'm overjoyed that they've included a way for me to get my house style for staff numbering/labels for strings, without having to resort to work-arounds.
Attachments
staff_labels_Dorico.jpg
staff_labels_Dorico.jpg (155.41 KiB) Viewed 1258 times